Countless events and incidents happen everyday and some of them leave mark on the date at which they occur. Every year, dozens of incidents occur everyday, some spread happiness while some leave a sorrowful or stressful impact.
Baaghi TV is to share with you the important events that occurred on today’s date in history.
January 12th has many significant event on it and the people associated to that event or incident recall that everyday including birthdays, anniversaries or death, successes or failure, win or lose, everything.
- 1554: Bayinnaung was crowned King of Burma as to assemble the largest empire in South Asia.
- 1886: The Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) was formed in London. It is the oldest society that is British-founded multidisciplinary professional institute aimed for global aerospace community.
- 1895: National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty mostly known as the National Trust, was founded in the United Kingdom. The trust defines itself as “A charity that works to preserve and protect historic places and spaces for ever, for everyone.” It is the largest membership organisation in United Kingdom (UK) and included in largest UK charities over income and assets.
- 1908: A radio message of long-distance was sent from Eiffel Tower for the first time.
- 1915: The United States House of Representatives rejected a proposal to give women the right to cast their vote.
- 1932: Hattie Caraway became the first woman elected as senator by big majority in United States Senate.
- 1942: World War II: United States (US) President Franklin D. Roosevelt created the National War Labor Board whose main aim purpose was to stop conflicts between the workers and employers to assure labor honesty and productivity amid the war.
- 1991: Gulf War: An act of the U.S. Congress empowered the use of military force to expel Iraq out of Kuwait.
- 2001: Downtown Disney opened to the public the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
- 2006: A stampede during the Stoning ritual at the Hajj in Mina killed at least 362 Muslim pilgrims.
- 2010: An earthquake in Haiti killed more than 100,000 people and destroyed a huge part of capital Port-au-Prince.
- 2015: Cameroon killed at least 143 Boko Haram fighters in clashes with them.
- 2015: A serviceman stationed at 102nd Military Base of Russia killed almost seven people in Gyumri, Armenia.
- 1954: Famous politician of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Zulfiqar Mirza was born.
- 1928: Famous name in literature and writing Inayat Hussain Bhatti was born.
The history leaves a remark to be recalled because a human learns from his mistake in the past.