Vegetables are a must food group for little kids when growing up. They not only ensure good health but are a great source of energy for kids throughout the day. However, vegetables are usually the least liked food group in most parts of the world especially in the western world. Therefore, Baaghi Tv aims to bring the best vegetable recipes that are almost impossible to resist. This Pesto Chicken with Green Beans and/or Veggies is a scrumptious and healthy meal that is a family favorite at every dinner party. It roughly takes 15 to 20 minutes to prepare, cook and serve.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
What You Need:
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs, sliced.
- Salt [as preferred]
- Black Pepper [as preferred]
- 1 lb [455 gm] Green Beans [uncut]
- 2 cups [400 gm] Cherry Tomatoes, cut into halves *
- ½ cup [110 gm] Basil Pesto
- ½ cup Carrots, cut into even 1’’ strips [optional], sautéed
- Side helping of mashed potatoes [optional]
Serving Size: Roughly serves about 4 people
Chicken Pesto with green beans is a deliciously healthy meal. It is a simple and easy to follow two-step process:
- Heat the oil then add Chicken Thighs in a large pan. Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper. When the Chicken looks completely cooked through, remove it from the pan and let it cool approximately 2 minutes. Slice the Chicken Thighs into strips and set aside to use later.
- Add the Green beans to the pan and cook till they are crispy tender. Return the Chicken strips to the pan and add the tomatoes and pesto sauce to the mix. Stir fry till the sauce is fully incorporated with the other ingredients. To give it a creamy texture you can add milk / cream as per your preference [this is optional].
Preferably serve it fresh off the stove; however, it can be refrigerated for about 4 days.
*In case you are not able to acquire Cherry Tomatoes, you can use your locally grown tomatoes cut into small cubes.
Weekday Meal-Prep Pesto Chicken & VeggiesFULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/2eBLpI9
Posted by Goodful on Sunday, October 23, 2016
Happy eating to you!
*Original recipe by Robin Broadfoot, Tasty.