Panama secrets have revealed a number of leaders across the world who own companies abroad basically to avoid tax or related matters.
In the list there are also some Pakistani politicians as well as businessmen involved in the the Panama leaks. Here is the list of Pakistan people who invested abroad.
- Prime Minister and leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N), Nawaz Sharif’s family. Eight companies have been identified in the ownership of Maryam Nawaz, Hussain Nawaz and Hassan Nawaz and Shahbaz’s family. Maryam Nawaz is the owner of two companies which were set up in 1993-1994 and also the shareholder of another company mutually owned by her and brother, Hussain Nawaz. Hassan is the only owner of yet another offshore holding. The companies was used for purchasing at least six properties in London during 2007-2008.
Nescoll Limited, Nielson Holdings Limited, Coomber Group Inc., and Hangon Property Holdings Limited are the companies owned by Maryam, Hussain, and Hassan.
- Chief Minister Punjab, Shahbaz Sharif’s relatives, Samina Durrani and Ilyas Mehraj are also mentioned in the documents. Ilyas Mehraj has been named as a major shareholder of a company though he denies it and Samina Durrani owns three companies; the latest of which was opened in 2010.
Haylandale Limited (in the Bahamas) set up on July 24, 2003, shows Habib Waqas Group or Ilyas Mehraj as the shareholder owning about 1,27,735 shares. Other shareholders are Credit Suisse Life & Pensions (1,25,000 shares), High Octane Fund (9,00,000) and Michael Mates (1,00,000).
Ilyas Mehraj’s spokesman however denied, “We have read the contents of your email and are surprised at the contents thereof. We are not aware of any company whether incorporated in the Commonwealth of Bahamas or anywhere else under the name: Haylandale Ltd. The question of our Group, which is Haseeb Waqas or Mr. Ilyas Mehraj having any shares of the said company, does not arise. Therefore, we are unable to answer the queries on the same.”
Samina Durrani has three offshore companies: Rainbow Limited (in BVI) registered on September 29, 2010, Armani River Limited, (in Bahamas) registered on May 16, 2002 and Star Precision Limited (in BVI) registered on May 21, 1997.
- A serving judge of the Lahore High Court, Justice Farrukh Irfan
- One retired judge, Malik Qayyum is also named in Panama leaks
- Real estate person Malik Riaz Hussain’s son, Ahmed Ali Riaz named as a shareholder of Westhorpe International Limited.
- Abdullah family of Sapphire Textiles Mills Limited is linked to five companies in BVI and Seychelles.
- Hussain Dawood family also has link with two companies offshore.
- Chairman of Habib Bank Limited, Sultan Ali Allana and former NIB bank President, Khawaja Iqbal Hassan had the power of attorney of Swiss Fixed Income Advisors, S.A.
- Gul Muhammad Tabba of Lucky Textiles
- Azam Sultan of ABM Group of Companies linked as the owner of five companies in Panama along with his wife and son. The companies are ABM Worldwide Technologies, Wheaten Enterprises Inc., Salateen International Corporation, Sason International Corporation and Royston International Corporation Inc.
- Owner of Pizza Hut, Pakistan, Aqueel Hassan and his brother, Tanwir Hassan are identified as the owners of Austell SA Aqueel.
- Shahid Nazir, CEO of Masood Textile Mills is linked with a Bahamas-based company, Redford International Ltd, registered in year 2000.
- Bashir Ahmed and Javed Shakoor of Buxly Paints and Dr. Mehmood Ahmed of Berger Paints are linked with Slot Rapid.
- Zulfiqar Ali Lakhani of Lakson group, CEO of three companies Tetley Clover, Colgate-Palmolive and Clover Pakistan, named as secret beneficial owner of a company registered in British Virgin Islands, Lezayre Ltd since 2000. Proxy shareholders include Benson Equities Inc., Brock Nominees Limited, and Tenby Nominees Limited.
- Zulfiqar Paracha of Universal Corporation (Pvt) Ltd. is also linked to own Munawara Holdings Inc., in Panama, registered in year 2014.
- Shehbaz Yasin Malik is the owner of Hilton Pharma which was registered in year 2000 in BVI.
- Leader of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Benazir Bhutto knows as BB (late)’s nephew, Hassan Ali Jaffery and Senator Rehman Malik figured out as the only three shareholders of Petroline International Inc.
- Javed Pasha’s links are figured out with at least five companies
- Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman of the Jang Group owns a BVI-based company, Marine Properties Limited on October 22, 2001 which remained inactive and then was dissolved.
- Founder of the Hashoo Group, Sadruddin Hashwani along with his son Murtaza named as secret beneficial owner of the First Global Investments Holdings Limited
- Senator Osman Saifullah’s family is also said to have link with offshore companies
- The relative of the Chaudhrys of Gujrat, Waseem Gulzar
- Zain Sukhera (co-accused in the Hajj scandal with former Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani’s son)
- Associates of Dawood Ibrahim, Junaid Iqbal Memon, Nadiya Javed Malik and Hajra Iqbal Memon also have companies offshore
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for more updates!