Here are seven lesser-known facts about the Bollywood King, Karan Johar who turned 45 today. Happy Birthday Karan!
1. New York is Karan Johar’s favourite city. Although he has spent a lot of time in London, he says he loves New York City.
2. Karan loves shopping. This isn’t a surprise to anyone because of his vast shoe collection that he has showed off at Koffee With Karan.
3. He has a big regret of not directing Kal Ho Na Ho despite writing it.
4. He wants to re-make Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna because he thinks he can do it differently this time making it much better.
5. His 40th Birthday Party was called ‘ A wedding bash’. It was during this party that he decided to make the youngest film ever, Student Of The Year. It was his unique way of staying close to the younger generation. However he was also aware that the film would not be creatively unique. He launched three young, new faces to Bollywood and they are all successful today.
6. As a kid Karan didn’t like Farhan Akhter that much because he spoke too much Hindi and always talked about Hindi Movies. However, today Karan’s iPad is full of Hindi songs.
7. The main reason behind Shahrukh Khan and Karan Johar’s special bond is that one scene that Karan had written for Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Shah Rukh Khan was told that Karan had written that particular scene although he couldn’t even speak Hindi well at that time. It was a great surprise for the actor. Incase you’re wondering, it is ‘babu ji aap theek kehte hain’ speech scene.