Death toll tops 50 in Quetta attack
Quetta: At least 50 police cadets reportedly lost their lives and many others were injured in a bloody attack by 5 to 6 terrorists on the Police Training Centre in Balochistan here on Tuesday night.
The sources have reported that the bodies of the deceased have been shifted to the civil hospital.
The sources added that the death toll of the victims may increase because many injured people are in critical condition.
The survivors of the attack told the media that the terrorists went close the police cadets and they shot at the heads of recruits.
Home Minister of Balochistan had claimed earlier that the number of deaths may increase to 30, the media reported.
Moreover, he told the media that as many as 65 police recruits were wounded in the result of the terrorist attack.
The media is reporting that the number of the wounded people has also been increased to 117 and many of them are in serious condition.
Separately, the Inter Services Public Relations is claiming that 99 per cent of operation has been successfully completed.