Baaghi TV - Latest News and Updates

Brother of sentenced militant files petition in PHC against ATC ruling

PESHAWAR: The brother of a sentenced militant put forward a petition to Peshawar High Court against the sentence of death bestowed to the convict by a military court.

A local of Upper Dir, Ajab Gul, said in his appeal that lately they came to know through print media that his brother, Taj Gul, had been sentenced to death by a military court and the chief of army staff had set that sentence.

Advocate Arif Jan marched the appeal where the supplicant specified that around five years ago, they were asked by the security forces to submit his brother after which he was taken to the officer fretful by the elders of the area.

The supplicant said that afterward Taj Gul was moved to an imprisonment centre at Pak-Austrian Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management in Swat where his family members used to visit him. He claimed that last time they had met Taj Gul in 2015 following which they had been repudiated visitation rights by the powers that be.

The supplicant also claimed that a few days ago they spotted in the media about sentence of 13 persons including his brother.

Media wing of Pakistan Army, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) made open convictions of 13 persons including the present convict and the confirmation of their sentences by the chief of army staff.

“The convict was an active member of Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan. He was involved in attacking law enforcement agencies, which resulted in death of police constables and Levies persons. He was also in possession of firearms, ammunition and explosives,” ISPR said in its press release about Taj Gul.

The ISPR had demanded that he had self-confessed his crimes before the judge and the trial court. It was added that he was tried on four charges and was awarded death sentence.

Few days ago the high court has suspended death sentences awarded to two other convicted militants; Fazle Ghaffar and Bukht-i- Ameer. They were among the 13 persons, whose convictions were announced on March 15. The high court has now required records of their particular cases.

The supplicant demanded that his brother was guiltless and not involved in any offence, for that reason, he was submitted to the security forces.

Supplicant demanded the court to state the happening of the military court as invalid and without lawful authority and jurisdiction. He said that his brother was not extended the right to free trial and even he was not provided counsel of his choice.

 

Comments
Loading...