As a child we often hear our parents exclaim that a balanced diet is the perfect way to maintain good health, which means we can’t have too much candy or fast food [and although they are right, we beg to differ because candy is delicious!] However, salads and the like are healthy snacks instead of fries and processed chips. Eating veggies may be boring stuff but, add the pasta of your choice and voila! Our food becomes absolutely delicious!
One such food item is Green Beans with Penne Salad. It is a nutritious pasta salad with tomato and basil dressing. It is quick and easy to make! This absolutely delicious recipe takes roughly 15-20 to prepare, cook and present.
It is great for the taste buds and the most delicious comfort food for when you may be tired or not in the best of health.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
What You Need:
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 160 gm Green Beans, cut into short [equal] length
- 75 gm Whole Wheat Penne Pasta, unboiled
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Small packet, Basil Leaves
- 4 Kalamanta Olives, chopped
- A handful, Rocket Leaves [optional]
An easy and quick 3 step recipe that is fun to make and delicious to eat!
- Boil the pasta in water for approximately 5 minutes. Add the beans and onion to the pan, then cook for another 5 minutes. Drain the water.
- In a separate bowl add the chopped tomatoes, rapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, and basil leaves [make sure to leave behind a couple of leaves]. Blitz with a hand-blender to make a fine dressing.
- Mix the boiled pasta and beans with the dip, then add the Kalamanta olives and mix well.
Let it cool before serving.
Freezable for a day
Happy eating to you!
*Original recipe published by the BBC Good Food