Chicken is always a hot favorite with little kids since it’s easy to cook and yummy to eat! This Classic Chicken Noodle Soup is a delicious concoction of homely goodness and a hearty meal. It provides you with ample strength and warmth to persevere through a cold and flu, but also through the wintry nights of December. It is a delectable comfort food that is sure to remind you of your mother’s love.
Prep Time: 5-7 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
What You Need:
- ¼ cups [60 ml] Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 3 large Carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks Celery, chopped
- Kosher Salt [to taste]
- Black Pepper [to taste]
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups [2 ltr] Chicken Broth
- 8 oz [225 gm] Egg Noodles
- ½ cup [10 gm] fresh Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded [or by preference]
Serving Size: about 4 servings
This classic Chicken Noodle Soup is a three-step process. It is an easy to make and delicious to have meal that keeps you warm to the bones in chilled weather and the cold.
- Heat the olive oil over medium flame, in a large soup pot, until it starts to shimmer. Add the Onions, Carrots, Celery, and Salt and Pepper [1 tsp each]. Continue frequently stirring for about 15 minutes or till vegetables are very soft. Then add the garlic and cook for a minute till it becomes fragrant. Now add the Chicken Stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add the noodles* and cook for 6 minutes before adding the Chicken and cooking for 2 more minutes or until noodles are completely cooked through. Season with Salt and Pepper then stir in Parsley.
- Finally serve fresh, topped with flakes of Parmesan Cheese.
* For better results, preferably make the broth beforehand and store in the refrigerator for about 4 days [or you can keep it in the freezer for longer, about 1 to 2 months]. Reheat it on the stove and add noodles and parsley just before serving.
* Originally published by Tasty.co